Posted: June 23, 2017
Posted: June 15, 2017
awesome learnings today! Thanks to the chaperones it was a great day! Finish it with an ice cream at macdonald!! Part 2 coming up Wednesday june 21st
Posted: June 13, 2017
Posted: June 13, 2017
don't forget your material for the Popsicle stick project
Posted: June 9, 2017
2nd Field Trip for our 150th Anniversary of Canada project
Posted: June 6, 2017
Posted: May 25, 2017
In M. Austin's grade 3 class:
- - There's are rarely sommative assessments, mostly formative assessments.
- - Student's learning is a work in progress/continum over the course of the year.
- - 1 on 1 conferences are the main key to provide a good communication of the teacher's expectations
- - We are a project base learning class to develop creativaty, STEM skills, self-esteem, leadership, critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration.
- - We are a learning community where everyone knows their strenghts and challenges
- - We also know our peers strenghts and challenges so we can help each other and know who we can go see for help
- - We respect each other and our differences
- - By Christmas everyone talk in French all day and every day.
- - There is no behavior problems, everyone is self-behaved
- - We celebrate student's success every day (the teacher or a student will stop the class to celebrate our peer success)
- - After their task, students are invited to help their peers or work on projects or something in their field of interest.
- - Student tells their teacher they love to come to school every day.
- - We have class discussion every day to increase oral skills and critical thinking
- - Students are the center of their learning and take ownership of their learnings
- - The teacher talks 10-20% of the time and students talk 80-90% of the time.
- - Happinest is the most important thing for the teacher
- - We create monthly goal that increase results in numeracy
- - Balanced literacy is THE THING in our class haha
- - Student are sink into the French culture by music, photography, painting etc.
- - There's rarely conflicts in our class, everyone is equal and are in a great environment to learn.