Posted: September 6, 2017
What a great "back to school" welcome at Gretna Green School. My name is M. Glazier, and I will be teaching your child French this year. The foundation and been laid in grade 3, and students are off to a fantastic start in grade 4.
Positive communication between teachers and parents/guardians is essential. I hope the following information will help you understand certain aspects of your child's academic year.
I post frequently on my teacher page, which is located under the “Teacher Page” tab of our school website. Student’s schedules, class assignments, notices, reminders, links, etc. will be updated weekly.
Likewise, it is very important that you verify our school website on a regular basis in order to know what is going on. Many notices, updates, important reminders, etc. are posted daily.
English Language Arts:
English will be taught by Mlle. Savoie for 30 minutes daily.
Scholastic book orders will be sent home once my account have been activated. This is a great opportunity to build your child’s French library. Your orders also help us earn points towards additional browsing box books for our classrooms.
I try to keep homework to a minimum. I do, however, encourage your child to read every night in French for 15 minutes. Books will be sent home once I establish their current reading levels. This may take up to a week or two. If work has been assigned, it will be due on Fridays. Any incomplete work will be sent home as well. If you have any questions, please contact me and I will respond via telephone as promptly as possible.
You may prefer your child to divide his/her workload throughout the week as he/she could have activities on certain nights such as: hockey, karate, dance or whatever the case may be. It is up to you! I hope this “homework routine” will be easier to organize your family’s schedule, as we encourage children to get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Please send a note if your child will be absent or when there is a change in the child’s routine. School policy dictates that your child will be sent on the bus if I do not have a note stating that he/she should not “take the bus.”
- Students may keep a bottle of water. (optional)
- Treats! Please let me know if there are any food items your child should not eat. Please do not forget that Gretna Green is a peanut free school.
- I teach from 8:30-2:30, and committed to school extra-curricular activities on most days. I will respond to messages as promptly as possible.
- Thank you so much for your cooperation. Your child’s education is at heart.
Let’s work together to make 4 Glazier and the greater Gretna Green community a positive learning environment for all. Cheers!
M. Glazier :)